Sunday, July 5, 2009

Ok so I have been slacking ...

Sorry everyone but things have been super busy so I have been a bit of slacker in my blogging as a result of it. I will try to give you the short version of the past 2 weeks.

I did get to go on my trail ride I mentioned in my last post and it was great, just me and Lisa like old times. All last week I was in Las Vegas all week visiting with relatives. My aunt lives there and another aunt from AZ met me there and my cousin came out as well. We had a fantastic time getting to see the fam and seeing tons of shows and what not. It was great. The only down side was missing a week of riding but my friend KB rode my pony a little for me while I was away.

I got back from Vegas on Tuesday and spent the whole day at the barn of course. We had games day and Satin was wonderful of course. Wednesday I schooled her and she was very good. Thursday we had a lesson and again she was great. We did a lot of bending work and some counter canter work. We even had to start on the correct lead then reverse to the counter canter. Satin of course wanted to do a flying change onto the correct lead when we reversed, but after a few tries we finally got it perfect. We also worked on spins, rollbacks, and sidepassing which are all improving quite nicely. My trainer R even said everything is looking great. Friday we had another games day, which of course was a blast. We tried a tie down which she didn't really mind and had some awesome poles runs. Yesterday I gave the princess pony the day off and she got a nice bath and today we had another schooling session. We jumped a little and friend C jumped her a bit as well. We also did some brideless work.

Today I also went over to the QH show to check out the reining. The pattern was actually pretty simple so I plan to work on sharpening up Satin's reining skills a bit more and taking her to a QH show next year to try the reining. I am pretty excited about it, but I know I will be super nervous when the time comes, but it will be fun and something I always wanted to do.

This week I am teaching summer camp at the farm all week so that should be interesting and fun too. On Thursday we are going to a local horse farm that runs weekly barrels, poles, and barrel dash so I am definitely looking forward to that.

In other news, the internship is going well and I have lots of demands on my photo skills. I am loving my new camera. Ok will update more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment