Thursday, October 15, 2009

Playing Catch Up

As usual, I am playing catch up again. Busy, busy with school, the pony, etc. Okay so over last weekend I was up in New Hampshire for my cousin's wedding, for which I was a bridesmaid. I took two days off of school to get a long weekend, which was nice. And it was great to get to spend time with the whole family. We don't get to get together enough, so it's nice when we do. The wedding was beautiful and we all had a blast.

In other news, I spent the rest of the week catching up on missed riding, which was put to a screeching halt by this horrible cold and wet weather we are having. Tuesday we went barrel racing of course. I don't even want to talk about the barrels, they were horrible. My first two turns were all over the ring and my third was so tight we knocked the barrel. Our dash wasn't bad. We got an 8.9, but our turn was ten miles wide so we could have been closer to last weeks time if not for that. We redeemed ourselves in the poles though. We had our best poles run so far! We got a 27.066 seconds and all of our turns were beautiful. If I could get her to go a little faster going back up the poles we would have even better time, but I was very happy with that run.

So I spent Wednesday working on our barrel turns because I know my mare has awesome turns in her. Thanks to the help of my friend K who is more experienced with barrels than I am we got them going pretty well. We figured out that I should run the pattern to the left rather than to the right like I usually do because she does her turns much better in that direction. It seems her left turns are her weaker ones and if I run the pattern starting to the left that will be the only left turn she has to make. I am thinking of even running my dash to the right since that seems to be her stronger turning direction.

Unfortunately today my riding got reined out. This weekend I am going upstate to my friend J's with my friend S. I was looking forward to riding Flo and Max but this weather prediction isn't looking good for that. Hopefully we will get at least one day of riding though. Either way we will have fun and find something to do and its still a weekend away to relax.

Anyway thats pretty much the news for now, stay tuned for next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment