Sunday, June 14, 2009

I <3 Trail Rides

The quote, "There is nothing like the feeling you get after a good gallop", is pretty much my motto Lol! The best place for a good gallop is on a trail ride. I am one of those equestrians who is a big believer that trails are important for both horse and rider. It gets boring for you and your horse if all you do is ring work everyday, plus it makes for a good, dependable mount. There is nothing I crave more than a good gallop through the woods or across a meadow.

Anyway, today I went on a trail ride with my usual group. The four of us go out together often and always have a great time. We went out for about 2 and 1/2 hours. It was pretty dreary, but thankfully remained dry. We had a great time, probably one of our best trail rides yet. We went all over, and had time to explore some trails we had never been on and/or had not been on in a while. We did some jumping over downed branches and man made log/branch jumps along the trails. We also went through quite a few water crossings and one mini river so to speak. We had two great gallops and just a lot of fun and laughs in general. The only downside to our outing was that we pulled about 5 or 6 ticks off each horse and, just like pretty much everyone else, I can't stand ticks. Hopefully I found all the ones on her so I don't find any nasty tick bites tomorrow and luckily I found none on me.

Saturday was less exciting. I just rode in the ring for about 30 minutes, but she was great. We just did walk, jog, lope and then we did a few rollbacks, which were awesome! I <3 my pony. Then I had a chance to play with my new camera, since we actually had some sun during the afternoon and I got some great jumping pictures.

On the job front, the internship lady e-mail last week apologizing for taking so long to get back to me and saying she got caught up with the magazine's deadline and would e-mail me the info the next day. She never did and that was last Monday, so I sent her an e-mail a little while ago to remind her because the parentals are on my back about it, plus I do need to start making money.

No comments:

Post a Comment